Re: ISSUE-54 (html5-doctype-vs-xslt): XSLT 1.0 can not generate HTML5 documents [HTML 5 spec]

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:36:48 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Dean Edridge <dean@dean.org.nz>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> The key point here being that XSLT is a standard, so software that
> implements it may be restricted in its options, whereas Java, libxml2, and
> other libraries are just software, and can be updated. In fact most of
> these libraries can even just be patched locally or locally extended to
> handle HTML5.

Those libraries also follow specifications, which may or may not require
a specific outcome.

Anyway: so how do I *extend* the JDK transformer handler to produce
HTML5? And, more importantly, how do I extend it in a way so my output
will be valid HTML6 as well (*)?

BR, Julian

(*) in case that spec adds even more void elements