Re: Looking for more editors

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:15:35 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Anyway, if each feedback loop takes two years we have a serious problem
>> that we need to fix, for instance by installing more editors [...]
>
> I've been asking for people to volunteer to actually take parts of HTML5
> and edit them for years now. The problem is that very few people are
> actually willing to invest the (large) amount of time and effort required.
> There are a number of areas where we've actually tried finding editors:

Ian,

as Philip, I agree with some of these, but not all of them. The way you
describe the job it's unlikely you'll find somebody.

Furthermore, while I agree it would be good if parts of the spec could
be moved into stand-alone documents, I don't think that this will be
sufficient -- unless we really cut the spec into different parts for
vocabulary, parsing, DOM and additional APIs.

I don't think I would qualify myself, mainly because my background
doesn't include many things you're asking for, and also because I
already have committed myself to the editor role on that other important
spec.

BR, Julian