align justify? Re: Comparing conformance requirements against real-world docs

Hi Henri thanks for the survey

Le 1 sept. 2008 à 02:23, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
>> 0.0529	Attribute “align” not allowed on element “div” at this point.
>> 0.0282	Attribute “align” not allowed on element “p” at this point.
>> 0.0372	Attribute “align” not allowed on element “img” at this point.
>

> Wow.
>
> It would be interesting to examine the use cases for aligning divs
> and paragraphs. I'd be interested to know if the popularity of the
> align attribute has something to do with legacy RTL authoring habits.

For p, and maybe div, would be align="justify".
For img,
    * "right or left" when you want to put an image
      in a paragraph. Very common
    * "center" for some figures in between paragraphs.
      Though <center> was most likely to be used.
    * "bottom" because of Netscape shift in pixels,
      which triggered in most stylesheets the infamous
         img {vertical-align:bottom;}

It may be informative to resample these documents (containing align
attribute) and extract the attribute values.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/