Re: Final thoughts on <q>

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:25:50 +0100
To: Justin James <j_james@mindspring.com>
Cc: 'HTML WG' <public-html@w3.org>

Justin James wrote:

> Frankly, since <q> is so rarely used

That is an assumption I would like to see stats about. Most people
I know here in France and who write pro docs in HTML use <q>.
Some blog systems allow to encapsulate a text selection into a <q>.

I'd really like to see stats about <q>, global and per language.
I'm not saying <q> is one of the most used elements in HTML, but I
think it's going to be really painful to some authors or online apps
if <q> is dropped. Deprecate it and I'm fine ; drop it and I disagree.

</Daniel>