Re: Splitting up the spec

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:37:48 +0100, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> The authoring guide, of which I am the current editor, is going to be
> significantly higher quality than many older HTML4 tutorials commonly
> found on the web which are notorious for providing misinformation, and
> will in fact provide much of the information for writing conforming
> documents in a way similar to that which you and others have been asking
> for.

I wasn't aware of the authoring guide before this, and after skimming through, it seems like a large step in the right direction. What is the best place to discuss this guide? Here on the HTML WG list?

And what will be the relationship between the HTML5 specification and the authoring guide? The authoring guide will of course reference the HTML5 specification, but what about the other way around? Can an informative reference to the authoring guide be present in the HTML5 specification?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-          asbjorn@ulsberg.no