Re: Why "Platform Core" and "HTML5" are in the same spec

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:45:16 +0200
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>

On Nov 19, 2008, at 11:25, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> I've talked off-list with people who have experience elsewhere in
> producing successful standards about the possibility of stepping in
> to help with guiding the work of the group.

If we come to a point where the WG needs to make a guess about the
competence of an additional editor, it would probably be good to take
into account that experience with other standardization may not be a
sufficient qualification without sufficient exposure to a bug database
of a browser engine.

(It seems to me that the effective way to extinguish the kind of
optimism that is unproductive when dealing with the Web is to get
prolonged exposure to a bug database of a browser engine.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi