Re: Selectors Tests

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:08:09 -0800
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
CC: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical@gmail.com>, "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, www-style@w3.org, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Brad Kemper wrote:

> In my case, I used the styled link in exactly the same way that submit
> buttons are used: to look like a button and submit a form. It had an
> "onclick" handler that pointed to the same function used by the
> "onsubmit" of the form, and the link returned false to the link action
> of the href. So, when I needed the button-like link to be disabled, it
> was in exactly the same sort of situations where someone would want to
> disable a "submit" input.

Sounds to me like you want a fully styleable submit button, not an
enable/disable-able link.

~fantasai