Re: HTML Action Item 54 - ...draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements.

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:41:51 +0100
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, wai-liaison@w3.org, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>

dear boris,

>  I feel that it would help me, as an implementor, to understand the reasons
> for the WCAG 2.0 decisions, not just read the final product...

as i just wrote in the email you quoted, I have provided in previous
emails a number of examples of  some of the different ways  users
access and AT  provide access to content, which is why i consider that
the provision of alt in this case is reasonable and why i support eh
WCAG 2.0 recommendations.

I was not directly involved in the writing or development of  WCAG 2,
although i did provide feedback during public comment, so I cannot
provide an insight into the minds of the authors., as i said to mujeic
corresponding with the WCAG working group will be the route to get the
insight you desire.

see ya!

--
with regards