Re: HTML Action Item 54 - ...draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements.

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:32:49 -0500
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, wai-liaison@w3.org, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> i am not going to bother responding to the the rest of your inflamatory guff.

I would actually rather like to see a response to this:

>>  So wait. Do you actually understand the logic behind WCAG 2.0 on this or
>> other points? If so, then refusing the explain the logic seems like a
>> needless lack of collegiality. If not, does that mean you have just taken
>> WCAG 2.0 on faith and applied it without understanding the underlying logic?
>> If that is the case, then I do not understand how your proposal can be
>> meaningfully discussed.

I feel that it would help me, as an implementor, to understand the
reasons for the WCAG 2.0 decisions, not just read the final product...