Re: ISSUE-48 (marks-content-markup-attribute): 'marks' content markup attribute for Q (quotation) and BLOCKQUOTE [HTML 5 spec]

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:59:04 +0200
To: "Robert J Burns" <rob@robburns.com>
Cc: "Andrew Sidwell" <w3c@andrewsidwell.co.uk>, "HTML Issue Tracking WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com> wrote:
> Well why don't you tell me how you're using it here. As I've said already
> this requires a single CSS declaration in the UAs default stylesheet for UAs
> that support CSS ::before and ::after selectors.
>
> q[marks=provided]::before,
> q[marks=needed]::after {
>        content: "";
>
> }
>
> Is that what you mean by implementation? Is that what you mean by
> implementation complexity?

The rules to write are a little bit more complicated to wrote if you
take into account nested quotes and I18n issues (there is two
quotations marks in French, &laquo;/&raquo; and &ldaquo/&lraquo; for
nested quotations). And nested multilingual quotation are even more
difficult to handle.

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/