Re: FYI: Firefox 3.1 Will Support Ogg (ISSUE-7 video-codecs)

From: Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:01:59 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
2008/7/30 Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

> "both Vorbis and Theora will be shipping in Firefox 3.1 as part of our
> <video> and <audio> HTML5 tag support."
>
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/2008/07/firefox_31_will_support_ogg.html

Excellent news! Let's hope other browsers will follow suit.

Even if they don't, if enough people use Ogg for their video/audio in HTML,
this will provide an (even stronger than current) incentive for people not
using Firefox to start doing so.

(NB. I don't work for Mozilla. I *do* use whichever of the "big four"
browsers seems most suited to the browsing session I anticipate each time I
use the web, so I effectively have my own private market share analysis
going on here :)