Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (Was: ISSUE-41: Decentralized extensibility)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:46:40 +0000 (UTC)
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > Prefixes as an indirection syntax being a fundamentally bad design is
> > something that has been assumed as a fundamental design decision for years.
> > Unless new evidence has come up suggesting that this decision is flawed,
> > reopening the issue is not a good use of our time.
>
> Again: I'd like to point out that "has been assumed as bad design" is
> your opinion, not something this Working Group ever has reached
> consensus on.

Yes, I believe I said as much in the first of my e-mails on the topic
yesterday:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0352.html

...as well as in my follow-up e-mail:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0354.html

...which itself links to four further e-mails clarifying the process that
I am following here.