Re: Fundamental assumptions (Was: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal)

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:28:02 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

>> But if you allow your personal opinions on consensus to interfere with
>> W3C process, then I afraid that this will be interpreted by many (myself
>> included) as evidence that you are unfit to serve as Editor, and I
>> imagine that this might then lead to calls for you to be replaced.
>
> If you wish to replace me, please let the chairs know.

I do not think this is a situation in which one individual
needs to take action.  You have made your position abundantly
clear, in this as in earlier messages, and I imagine that
the joint Chairs will be discussing this in the near future,
after which -- if they are uncertain how to proceed --
they may seek the views of the WG as a whole.  I will be
happy to place my own views on record at that point.

Philip TAYLOR