Re: [author-guide] Character Entity References Chart

Hi Lachy

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:37:41 +0200, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref
>
> I plan to add a lot more functionality to it, such as a search function,
> categories, the ability to show/hide characters based on that. However,
> I could use a bit of assistance from others to help come up with a
> better looking design and layout, and to solve the various problems with
> the current layout.  If anyone would like to help with that, let me know.

Ooh, have I got some nice colours for this bikeshed ;)

I would indeed like it split into categories - something like the Mac
"Character Palate" does.

I don't see the value in having some info displayed only onmouseover -
being able to select whether or not to show the various references is
good, but if I want them it is probably more convenient as a reference to
have them all visible. Especially if I print (although I don't know if you
have a print stylesheet).

Something else I would like is to have the name of the character on top,
then the character as rendered by my system and an image of the character
in case it doesn't render.

Nice start though.

Cheers

Chaals