Re: Cross-posting etiquette

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:20:33 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> It has been brought to my attention that my recommendation to not cross-
> post replies to my bulk replies that are themselves cross-posted to many
> mailing lists may have been taken as some sort of bad faith behaviour to
> reduce the visibility of any rebuttals.

Without making any accusations of good or bad faith, I have noticed that
once again your replies to various emails which include the fact that
changes are made to the spec do not necessarily get posted to this group.

The effect is to reduce the transparency of the HTML spec development to
the HTML Working Group, by forcing them to follow at least the WHAT-WG in
order to see the issues and explanations that lead to changes being
introduced.

Would you be able, as editor for this working group, to add this wrking
group to the recipients in such messages you send?

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com