Re: Microsoft's "I mean it" content-type parameter

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 18:41:04 +0100
To: Justin James <j_james@mindspring.com>
Cc: 'Daniel Stenberg' <daniel@haxx.se>, 'HTTP Working Group' <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org

Justin James wrote:
> The *entire* Web is founded on sloppy programmers,

Indeed, just look at HTML5 potentially taking over from XHTML.  It's
practically reincarnating sloppiness, admitting defeat with XHTML,
this time trying to formalise how to handle slop so at least we do it
all the same.

(But last time I looked, it didn't handle slop the same way as certain
major browsers, but rather according to what the HTML5 authors thought
would be sensible, so that part seems doomed to be not implemented
according to spec, but as Yet Another incompatible compatibility layer
in real browsers.)

-- Jamie