Re: HTML 5 WD (not technical)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I think it would be friendly, though not strictly necessary, to give an
> acknowledgment to the HTML Working Group collectively, since it voted to
> accept the current draft and advance it to FWPD, and has provided a
> forum for discussion that can include parties which might be unable to
> participate in WHATWG. Providing structure is worth something, and
> progressing along the W3C standards track is a great thing for HTML5.
> But I leave it to Editor's discretion.

Yes, I updated the acknowledgements section in response to Daniel's
original e-mail to mention all the various places that discussion has been
happening, including public-html. I was just debating Daniel's suggestion
that more people should be named.

I'm sure the acknowledgements section will evolve over time. I would
really recommend that people spend their time studying more substantive
parts of the spec.