Re: Validation error frequencies

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 23:49:54 +0200
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, HTML Issue Tracking WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>

On Feb 2, 2008, at 16:19, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> Henri, were you meaning to make it conformant or just defining
> behaviour of spaces in IRIs?

I meant researching how browsers cope with unescaped U+0020 in IRIs,
specifying what is interoperable, identifying what interoperable cases
are practically harmless and making those conforming.

My untested hypothesis is that non-trailing spaces in query parameter
values are harmless and that non-trailing spaces in path are harmless.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi