Re: Validation error frequencies

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2008, at 16:19, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
>
> My untested hypothesis is that non-trailing spaces in query parameter
> values are harmless and that non-trailing spaces in path are harmless.

One can refine that a bit.  If after a space you find a ">" if probably
gobbled up too much.  Similarly for a "<".  Or, more common, a "=", but
only if it occurs before the next "&", "#", or "?" (the latter in the
case of a path only.

At some point we have to wonder what we are trying to accomplish here.
There are lots of gray lines where &lang=en in the query part of a URI
should be non conforming, but a space in a path might not be.

- Sam Ruby