Re: alt attribute - a very simple proposal

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:08:44 +0300
Cc: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>

On Aug 19, 2008, at 16:48, Laura Carlson wrote:

>>> - Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (AUWG):
>>> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/
>>>
>>> - User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (UAWG)
>>> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/
>>
>> So what's the answer to my question according to *your* reading of
>> *those*
>> specs?
>
> I'm not the person to ask.

If you aren't confident that you can find the answer in the documents
you reference, why are you URL dropping those documents?

> They are the experts. We have asked them.

A spec isn't really a spec covering a use case if it doesn't contain
readable answers concerning the use case and one needs to go ask the
writers.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi