Re: alt attribute - a very simple proposal

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:14:30 -0500
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Hi Henri,

>>> So what's the answer to my question according to *your* reading of
>>> *those*
>>> specs?
>>
>> I'm not the person to ask.
>
> If you aren't confident that you can find the answer in the documents you
> reference, why are you URL dropping those documents?

They are not documents they are working groups.

"The HTML Working Group will cooperate with the Web Accessibility
Initiative to ensure that the deliverables will satisfy accessibility
requirements. Coordination with WAI will be primarily conducted
through the Protocol and Formats Working Group, but direct
coordination with other WAI groups, such as Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines Working Group and User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
Working Group, will also be done when appropriate."
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#wai

Best Regards,
Laura

--