Re: Flickr and alt (was: Re: HTML5 alt conformance criteria clarifications requested)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:09:18 +0200
To: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>, "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>, "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:00:25 +0200, David Poehlman
<david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com> wrote:
> and we will follow.  A requirement is a requirement.  If they want to do
> it [w]rong, that is what they will do but that does not mean that it
> should not be a requirement.

Making requirements that cannot be reasonably met is bad design and does
not help solve the problem. I'm not sure what you mean with "we will
follow". I was trying to point out that Flickr cannot start requiring
users to enter additional information as that will simply kill their
business.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>