Re: required radio buttons and checkboxes

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Weston Ruter <westonruter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > What about internationalisation/localisation of these error messages ?
>
> What if the spec recommended that the browser display internationalized
> error messages based upon the @lang or @xml:lang of the INPUT element's
> context? Similarly, what if the default labels for Submit and Reset buttons
> were also localized based off of the language context?

Imagine that I have a website build to learn a foreign language : the
items of the forms will be in language A, but I wish to have error
messages in language B, with a correct @lang attribute and a custom
error message (a help message)...

> I know this would require browsers to have a large language translation
> table.

And what if I want to build a website for a rare langage ? I have to
submit tickets to the browsers makers to hope them to implement a
language with perhaps 10.000 people speaking it ?

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/