Re: required radio buttons and checkboxes

From: Weston Ruter <westonruter@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:57:27 -0700
To: "Olivier GENDRIN" <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Cc: "Philip Taylor" <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>, "Ben Boyle" <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What about internationalisation/localisation of these error messages ?

What if the spec recommended that the browser display internationalized
error messages based upon the @lang or @xml:lang of the INPUT element's
context? Similarly, what if the default labels for Submit and Reset buttons
were also localized based off of the language context?

For example:

 Would appear as: [ Proponer ] But...

as: [ Proporre ]

I know this would require browsers to have a large language translation
table.