Re: Browser defaults should please the mass of authors

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:08:15 +0800
Cc: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Le 21 avr. 2008 à 17:13, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> This isn't what the spec is suggesting. The text I added to the spec
> which
> is what Henri is referring to would, if implemented, block _all_ new
> author-requested windows, including those from window.open(). All
> the ways
> of opening new windows go through this same algorithm, it's the only
> part
> of the spec that creates a new window.

huge usability issue.
In Camino, there is a preference for this
http://caminobrowser.org/documentation/hiddenprefs/#TweakSWM

I have set it up, it creates major bottlenecks on some web sites, such
as for example a calendar option, or a help list of codes for markup,
etc. It creates issues to me, but I know how to use a computer, most
of the people are not savy enough for these situations.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/