Re: One more thought about requiring the alt to add to the pile

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:50:54 +0300
To: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, <public-html@w3.org>, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, <wai-liaison@w3.org>

On Apr 18, 2008, at 14:27, David Poehlman wrote:

> is this vo or a behaviour of webkit?

Seems to be more WebKit than VO.

Opera behaves differently. Opera doesn't make a difference between
missing alt and empty alt. Both are removed from non-visual
presentation.

As far as I can tell, Opera doesn't behave consistently when I try to
test linked images. I don't know why. Sometimes it allows a link image
without alt to be focused, other times not.

It doesn't seem to read the file name in any case.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi