Re: alt and authoring practices

Le 17 avr. 2008 à 06:40, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Bonner, Matt (IPG) wrote:
>>
>> It seems like gathering data from various sources would advance this
>> debate more usefully than any amount of speculation on what might be.
>
> What data would you like me to collect?

* proportion of alt="[text]", alt="", alt=" ", no alt at all.
* In the set of pages which contains img elements, distributions of
number of img elements (how many pages with 1 img, with 2 img, etc.)

More challenging, distributions of "text", collect all the text
contained in alts, sort them out, and then sees what are the text
which are happening very often (I think about things like "logo"
emerging, but there might be surprises).

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/