Re: [html4all] several messages about alt

Karl Dubost 08-04-14 04.55:   ­
> Le 14 avr. 2008 à 11:36, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :
>> The difference from "transitional" is that 'unready' should be
>> something that is meant to be temporary, for each document. And not
>> like the proposed WYSIWYG flag which, just as the trasinsitional
>> types, are offered as a less strivt version of HTML. 'Unready' is
>> mean to help the author reach the goal. It is not meant as an
>> alternative goal.
>>
> "meant to be", "should", etc.
> The issue is crippling into the language. "Transitional" is almost
> never used as it was "meant to be", nor implemented in such a way to
> help the transition. I guess it's a case of bad design choice, that
> was difficult to know in advance that it would be. But we can try to
> avoid repeating the same mistakes.

However, you can validate a 'transitional' document. Wheras, it would be
impossible to get a document stamped with 'unready' to validate..
(Allthough, you could of course validate = check it for errors.)
Therefore, an 'unready' stamp, placed there by the author himself, would
not be same thing. (Wheras a WYSIWYG stamp would be something of the same.)
--
leif halvard silli