Re: [html4all] several messages about alt

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:55:11 +0900
Cc: Dannii <curiousdannii@gmail.com>, HTML4All <list@html4all.org>, Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>

Le 14 avr. 2008 à 11:36, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :
> The difference from "transitional" is that 'unready' should be
> something that is meant to be temporary, for each document. And not
> like the proposed WYSIWYG flag which, just as the trasinsitional
> types, are offered as a less strivt version of HTML. 'Unready' is
> mean to help the author reach the goal. It is not meant as an
> alternative goal.

"meant to be", "should", etc.
The issue is crippling into the language. "Transitional" is almost
never used as it was "meant to be", nor implemented in such a way to
help the transition. I guess it's a case of bad design choice, that
was difficult to know in advance that it would be. But we can try to
avoid repeating the same mistakes.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/