An observation on the MathML discussion, was: hand authoring web pages (was Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:56:02 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

OK,

I can't help noticing that instead of discussing the general
extensibility problem, the WG is now spending tons of cycles discussing
lots of ways to mark up math, discusses changes to MathML (like
inferring elements), and so on.

I think it would be a lot more productive to leave the Math markup
related issues to the experts in the MathML WG, and instead focus on
solving the generic extensibility problem for using XML inside HTML5.

BR, Julian