Re: q, quote, blockquote

+1 to punctuation not being "style."

Punctuation is part of the language to be marked up, not the element or
style itself, or at least it should be. If we start marking up quotation
marks, versus identifying blocks of text to be styled differently, b/c they
happen to be quotes and we want them to look different, then we should -
following the same logic - get rid of periods and have a <sentence> element,
and a <question>, etc.

Apologies for the giant run on <sentence> ; )

If it serves a purpose to break out quotes for presentational issues - or to
provide a deeper level of context, there should be a mechanism for that. But
abandoning common punctuation marks doesn't seem to be the way to move
forward.

Dylan Smith