Re: q, quote, blockquote

From: Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:27:07 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

On 07/09/2007, Charles Hinshaw <charles@everydayrevolution.com> wrote:
> As for formatting quotes, all three would rely on CSS.

I never understood that.  To me, quotation marks are a matter of
grammar, not style.

Therefore quotation marks should be part of the content, which is
where I tend to put them, and undo the default CSS for the browsers
that insert them automatically.

This way I still have quotation marks in Internet Explorer, when
copy/pasting from Firefox and when CSS is disabled.

--
Lee