Re: SURVEY: Accept requirement for immediate mode graphics a la canvas element?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:15:11 +0100, James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
>>    One alternative does not fit all even though a fallback may be an
>>    improvement for some.
>>    I am concerned that we would advocate using canvas over SVG where we
>>    would have an opportunity to apply semantics to the base drawing,
>
> I don't think we would advocate <canvas> where a more appropriate
> technology exists, only where it makes sense.

This is in fact what the _second_ paragraph of the <canvas> section says:
"Authors SHOULD NOT use the canvas element in a document when a more
suitable element is available."

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>