Re: HTML 5 Authoring Guidelines Proposal

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> e.g. When describing the script element, I'll explain the use of
> <![CDATA[]]> sections for scripts in XHTML, the use of HTML comments
> intended to hide scripts from older browsers, and provide tips like
> using external files instead to avoid all hassles.  Basically a revised
> and shortened version of a previous article I've written on this issue.
>
> http://lachy.id.au/log/2005/05/script-comments

Does it really make sense to still promote that? Back then (2,5 years
ago) you wrote:

"It should be noted that there are no user agents in use today that
don’t support the script element (regardless of whether they support the
actual script or not), so using this technique on the web today seems
rather superfluous. Yet it’s interesting to note that so many sites
still make use of this old technique that was designed for accessibility
reasons, despite the fact that so many of these sites choke in many
other ways in browsers with scripts disabled or unsupported."

...so it seems to me that it's really only relevant as historic
information, and wouldn't belong into HTML5 related material...

BR, Julian