Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

Dean Edridge wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Anyway, my point is just that I think both ways of writing it are
>> reasonable in different situations, and should be chosen based on
>> circumstances.
>
> There is a method that is suitable for all circumstances, that's the
> beauty of (X)HTML5:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <head>
>    <title>Demo</title>
> </head>
>       Hello World

While it is easy to produce a trivial document like that which conforms
to both syntaxes, it becomes much more difficult in practice when you
have to consider differences in stylesheets, scripting, character
encoding issues.  It is entirely possible to address each of these
issues, but it's not always easy.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/