Re: A bit of electioneering on the <canvas> charter issue

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:05:57 +0900
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, "public-html@w3.org Tracking WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Le 21 nov. 2007 à 08:26, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> While some weight should be given to having a serious shipping
> implementation with nontrivialn market share, I hope I do not need
> to point out that weighing opinion strictly by market share is
> clearly anti-competitive.

/me wonders what will be your stake if a big majority of web designers
and web developers were requesting to pull out some features of the
specification. In terms of business market shares, they represent a
lot more than browser developers. A full business and market has been
developed around their *own* practices.
I guess it is why Sam asked for defining the "we".

It is why often a charter is being defined to avoid that the will of
people or a group is being taken over by a few individuals. It is
usually to help to guarantee the life of the group. It is part of the
social process.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/