Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:50:43 -0500
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Cc: HTML Issue Tracking WG <public-html@w3.org>

Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> Versioning and profiling seems to be the common issue throughout WGs.
> In SMIL3.0 we defined version and baseProfile attributes similarly to
> SVG.
> XHTML has version attribute, but seems not to have profile.
> Would it be possible to have one mechanism for all those specs?

possible? I don't know. I'm not even sure it's likely
to be cost-effective.

It is possible to have one discussion about them; the TAG
is trying to do just that.

What are good practices for designing extensible XMLlanguages and for
handling versioning?

Note the poximity to...

What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.