Re: taking HDP seriously (was Re: HTML Design Principles to WD?)

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 18:01 +0000, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
[...]
> I wonder whether we might usefully use the W3C Issue Tracker
> as recently demonstrated by Julian Reschke to discuss, debate
> and /resolve/ each Design Principle in turn, with a view to
> finally being being able to publish this key document and then
> Move On.

We certainly didn't put all this effort into the design
principles document only to forget it and never look back;
we invested in it so that we can cite it in discussions
going forward. And if we find that our design principles
change substantially, we should let the community know
by updating the document.

I don't think cost-effective to formally resolve
each principle at this stage. I think general support for
something close to what I just proposed*, formally, that
we publish, is adequately documented
in the proceedings of this group; especially in:
 Results of Questionnaire review of HTML Design Principles
 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/dprv/results

In the issue tracker, I'm more interested
in (a) black-and-white design issues that we can
back with test cases, and (b) requirements issues
that are perhaps not testable but fairly objective
nonetheless.

See also http://esw.w3.org/topic/RequirementsDocument

* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E