Re: Unconference topic suggestion: Conformance checker tests

On Wednesday 2007-10-31 21:37 +0200, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>  * To avoid issues with counting counting column positions in UTF-16
> code units as opposed to Unicode characters, test cases should use
> the Basic Latin range when a given error can be elicited with Basic
> Latin only.

This one makes me a little uneasy, since tests often catch bugs that
aren't the bugs the test author was trying to catch.  This means
having variety in tests is good, since it means the tests will catch
more coincidental bugs and more bugs caused by feature interactions.

-David