Re: SQL API -- statement syntax

From: Kornel Lesinski <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 22:30:45 -0000
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:56:20 -0000, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Regarding semicolons: I don't know if they should be required or not. I'd
> like implementation experience to guide us on that. It seems like we'd
> want them to be not allowed, so that we force the issue of there only
> being one statement per call.

I think semicolon must be optional, otherwise it would be source of
"mysterious" errors. Trailing semicolon is optional in many (if not all)
server-side SQL interfaces and also in JS and CSS.

Of course optional semicolon should be just a syntactic sugar and
shouldn't allow more than one statement per call.

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski