Re: Unscoped <style> found outside the <head>

From: Alexander Graf <alexander.graf@deri.at>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:49:22 +0200
Cc: Alan Dean <alan.dean@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>

> I should clarify that I don't feel particularly strongly about this
> issue, since - as a browser vendor - I already have to support
> unscoped <style> outside of the head.  I'd like unscoped <style>
> outside the <head> to be non-conformant, but I'm going to have to
> support it either way.  If the consensus is that this should now be
> allowed (even though it was not in HTML4), then so be it.

I'm agreeing with you.

If scoped styles are going to be in HTML5 (personally I don't think
they are needed), then unscoped styles shouldn't be allowed outside
of the head.

Alexander Graf

DERI Innsbruck
Digital Enterprise Research Institute
Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt
ICT Technologiepark, Technikerstrasse 21a
6020 Innsbruck, Austria

mail: alexander.graf@deri.at
fon: +43 512 507 96880
mobile: +43 660 7642043