Re: Paving Cowpaths

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:57:34 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Karl Dubost wrote:

> > 1. We need tutorials for people who want to know the language undies.

At the great risk of repeating myself, I don't agree.  A tutorial,
like a book, is fine for those starting out.  A tutorial is not,
and cannot be, definitive : only the specification can be that.

Therefore a part of our aim should be to ensure that the specification
is /accessible/, in every sense of the word.  VW grammars were wonderful,
but probably fewer than 1% of practising programmers were ever
capable of fully understanding them.  Let's make sure that the HTML 5
specification is expressed in language that 85% of our audience can
understand.

Philip Taylor