Re: @role inheritance (nested tags) behavior, and a RFP

Charles,

The role attribute was first proposed a number of years ago, and has
already been implemented in Firefox. The latest version of it is here
(a W3C Working Draft):

  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-role/>

A quick Google will also yield a number of blog entries on the subject
(a few by me), as well as the Firefox references that I just referred
to.

Regards,

Mark

--