Re: Proposal: Chained Classnames

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:50:28 +0100
To: Jack Sleight <jack.sleight@gmail.com>
CC: Charles Ying <charles.ying@gmail.com>, Maurice Carey <maurice@thymeonline.com>, HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

Jack Sleight wrote:
> Ending underscores are fine, but do we really need a prefix or suffix at
> all? I may have missed some of the conversation on this,

Just a little bit :-)

> but what's
> wrong with just "copyright"?

In summary: some people think that this is a bad idea because this class
name (and other undecorated ones) may already be in use on the web with
semantics different from those which we propose to apply, and/or the
author may have trusted our promise that class names are not supposed to
mean anything.

Gerv