Re: results of HTML 5 text, editor, name questions

On 5/10/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> FYI: For voting only one representative of a company can cast a vote
> counting for the company or organization he represents. This basically
> means that I, for instance, am not a Working Group Member, but part of one
> Member that has joined the Working Group.
>
> As for Opera, we internally decided that Lars Erik Bolstad will cast votes
> and make descisions on behalf of Opera within the Working Group when
> needed. I would expect that other Member companies / organizations have
> similar policies.
>
> Section 3.4 of the W3C Process document discusses this issue in more
> detail:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Votes

But in our group, we've got much more invited experts than usual. If
the rec has to be implemented in two UA, shouldn't we consider that a
vote can't be valid unless two browser makers have voted for the
chosen solution ?

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/