Re: results of HTML 5 text, editor, name questions

On Thu, 10 May 2007 15:22:40 +0200, Gregory J. Rosmaita
<oedipus@hicom.net> wrote:
> quote
> Question: does every member of the WG get a vote, even if there are
> a number of representatives from companies X, Y, and Z?  should they
> not have to come to consensus on a vote amongst themselves before
> casting a formal vote?  otherwise, this straw polling system could
> well prove unrepresentative, in that if vendors want to carry the
> day, they can flood the poll with bullet votes.
> unquote

FYI: For voting only one representative of a company can cast a vote
counting for the company or organization he represents. This basically
means that I, for instance, am not a Working Group Member, but part of one
Member that has joined the Working Group.

As for Opera, we internally decided that Lars Erik Bolstad will cast votes
and make descisions on behalf of Opera within the Working Group when
needed. I would expect that other Member companies / organizations have
similar policies.

Section 3.4 of the W3C Process document discusses this issue in more
detail:

   http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Votes

--
Anne van Kesteren