Re: a quote is a quote is a quote [was Re: Cleaning House]

On 5/3/07 4:20 PM, "Jason A. Lefkowitz" <jason@jasonlefkowitz.net> wrote:

> Because then there's no block-level element for quotations, unless we
> redefine Q or invent a new element.  Q is currently inline-only.  Having
> a block-level quotation element is useful for long quoted passages.
>
> -- Jason Lefkowitz
>
> Maurice wrote:
>> So what's wrong with just putting blockquote on the list of deprecated tags?

Ok...correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am).

Block can only contain inline elements.
And 'flow' elements can contain inline or block elements.
How about make <q> a flow element that defaults to an inline appearance so
it can be used mid paragraph for a single line quote and in cases where it's
a bunch of <p> that are being quoted the <p> can handle the block appearance
while being children of the <q> thus making them quoted text?

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas