RE: Cleaning House

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:36:51 -0700
To: Philip & Le Khanh <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>, "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Philip Taylor wrote:
>Microsoft Word is a text editor. We are discussing an HTML editor,
>which is a totally different kettle of fish, as I'm sure you'd
>agree.

Not necessarily, no.  As an occasional author, I generally don't really care whether I'm producing HTML or Word content.  I want some presentational control over fonts, colors and alignment; I like having some semantic control over paragraph and section grouping.  Both Word and HTML give me this.  I'm fairly certain that many people would prefer that HTML editing be EXACTLY like Word editing (or take over that scenario, at least ;)).  I'm not sure why you're implying they're fundamentally different?