Re: Cleaning House

From: Philip & Le Khanh <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 21:30:37 +0100
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Chris Wilson wrote:

> I don't believe it is our (HTML WG) business to force
 > authors to think differently about how they write content.

100% agreement.  How they define presentation, on the other
hand, is most certainly within our remit (assuming they
are writing in HTML).  And <b> is 100% presentation, 0% content.

> Microsoft Word has stylesheets; it also has a bold button and
 > font face/size controls.  I use them both.  If Word removed
 > the bold button, et al, I would go find another editor.

Microsoft Word is a text editor. We are discussing an HTML editor,
which is a totally different kettle of fish, as I'm sure you'd
agree.

Philip Taylor