Re: Cleaning House

Hi Julian,

On May 3, 2007, at 12:22 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I do understand why a specification for HTML5 parsing needs to
> specify that. However, a spec for HTML5 authors shouldn't even
> mention these special case in parsing rules: all I need to know is
> what tags are allowed where, and whether I need (or am allowed) to
> close them. In particular, producers of HTML5 documents shouldn't
> need to read about how broken documents are processed; they are
> expected to produce correct ones, right?
>
> So: in favor of splitting the spec (language spec / parser spec).

How would you feel about a single normative spec with the full set of
conformance requirements for both authors and UAs, plus additional
material specifically for authors which only talks about conforming
content? For example, a tutorial/primer, a quick reference guide, and
a slightly more advanced authoring guide that explains the
conformance rules for documents.

Regards,
Maciej